Name:
Location: Forest Town, California, United States

Many people ask where Helga and I (Vinnie) met. It was at a Jesus Freak festival in the days of my squandered youth. Some brownies were going around that tasted funny and the next thing I know, I'm married to a hippie. But she was cute, and I wouldn't serve a church that hired a divorced pastor, so we are still together till Judgement Day, when I assume we will go our seperate ways. Let me (Helga) add, that it seems the Universe brought Vinnie and I together, who am I to argue. He does have a judgmental nature though, which I find unforgivable.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Vinnie with a quick note.
I saw, regretfully, SUPERMAN RETURNS, because it was free. It was on Helga's list of films to avoid this summer and she did. But some members of my congregation convinced me the film could be used as an evangelistic tool. They said, "The film talks about the world needing a Savior, and the only Son is sent to the world to save it, etc."
They almost convinced me they had a point, till I saw the film. I don't want to give anything away if you are so foolish and hellbent (literally) to see this film, but...
[SPOILER] (as the fan boys do), this film is nothing but a comic version of THE DEVINCI CODE. If you've seen it, you know what I mean, if you haven't then you may well be taking my sound advise, a sermon is the only fun you'll ever need. Vinnie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home