Name:
Location: Forest Town, California, United States

Many people ask where Helga and I (Vinnie) met. It was at a Jesus Freak festival in the days of my squandered youth. Some brownies were going around that tasted funny and the next thing I know, I'm married to a hippie. But she was cute, and I wouldn't serve a church that hired a divorced pastor, so we are still together till Judgement Day, when I assume we will go our seperate ways. Let me (Helga) add, that it seems the Universe brought Vinnie and I together, who am I to argue. He does have a judgmental nature though, which I find unforgivable.

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Helga Here With Another Film to Avoid in the Fall

"Into the Wild" should be a wonderful story about a young man that leaves the confines of evil Western conventions to become one with the wilderness. Now I had some hope for this film because it was directed by Sean Penn who totally has vision in the world politcs. Penn understands that Bush is evil (I've tried to convince Vinton but they share Bornagainist so he blames everything Bush does that he disagrees with on the neocons)and Hugo Chavez is a genius and a beautiful humanitarian who limits his people's rights for their own good.
But the story of this film about a recent college graduate, Chris Candleless who does all the right things. He abandons his car (I assume because it contributes to global warming) and burns his money (I wish I had the courage to rid myself of those dead white men and only keep the sisters, Susan B. Anthony and Sacagawea, who, of course, won't burn.)
Now someone who does such good things would have exceptional Karma and nature would reward such a person greatly. From what I understand, she would reward him greatly for that but instead weather and natural forces work against him. Who cares whether this is based on a true story; they should have shown Mother Earth being nice to those who are nice to her. Shame on you Sean.
So skip this film, spend time with nature. Tree climbing is fine, but it has become a bit of a cliche, so go hug a bush.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mindy said...

Does Bush want Helga's hugs???

7:13 PM  
Blogger Gerri said...

re:into the wild
re you kidding me with your review of this movie??!!
we jsut saaw it yesterday with talk cinema and we LOVED it....think you really missed the point....which i will share wth you after i return from going (sory) out into the wild here in the city of chicago....

6:23 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

Like Gerri said, you totally missed the point! The idea was to tell the story of Chris journey of idealism, courage, AND the concequences of messing with mother nature without proper equipement, planning, and training. Mother Nature ain't passing out pot brownies and patting folks on the back. Chris, you, me, humans are grains of sand in the sahara to "Mother Nature."

By the way, Hugo Chavez is a great humanitarian, but he didn't get to lead a nation in the middle of latin america without leaving a closet full of skeletons and dozens of unmarked graves. Don't believe it, then you ate too many of those brownies.

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home