Name:
Location: Forest Town, California, United States

Many people ask where Helga and I (Vinnie) met. It was at a Jesus Freak festival in the days of my squandered youth. Some brownies were going around that tasted funny and the next thing I know, I'm married to a hippie. But she was cute, and I wouldn't serve a church that hired a divorced pastor, so we are still together till Judgement Day, when I assume we will go our seperate ways. Let me (Helga) add, that it seems the Universe brought Vinnie and I together, who am I to argue. He does have a judgmental nature though, which I find unforgivable.

Monday, September 03, 2007

My Final 2007 Fall Film to Avoid

The Brave One

Now as I'm sure you know, I usually prefer to condemn a film on its own merit, whether I've seen it or not, and not based on the personal lives of its makers. Well, I forgot to bring my Bible to read on a recent trip to my opthomologist and I was forced to read an interview in Entertainment Weekly with Jodie Foster. It promised on the cover a "Candid" interview, but she refused to answer one of the first questions. Apparently Miss Foster (note the 'Miss' and yet she has children), was on the cover of 'Out' magazine along with that newsreader, Anderson Cooper. They asked her to respond to the cover story on that magazine and she would not. Now I personally don't care whether she is going out with Anderson Cooper or not, I was bothered by something else in the interview.
Two other things in the article bothered me. First she said the point of her new film was that "No thinking, feeling, breathing human being should use a gun." Now was she saying policemen and soldiers should not have guns or that only irrational, insensitive people should serve our country and cities? Or was she insulting all of us NRA members. (I admit I registered under an assumed name so that when the government confiscates those registers they can't pull the gun from my live or dead figures.)
She also admitted to being an athiest. It used to be in this country, even if one didn't believe in God, they would have the common courtesy to lie about it to the media. I refuse to support with my entertainment dollars someone who so completely ignores common hypocrisy.
Now the film itself is something about a woman who guns down common criminals, so it is not so objectionable in itself, but do consider who's starring in and probably producing this thing.
So remember, a good sermon is all the fun you need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home