Name:
Location: Forest Town, California, United States

Many people ask where Helga and I (Vinnie) met. It was at a Jesus Freak festival in the days of my squandered youth. Some brownies were going around that tasted funny and the next thing I know, I'm married to a hippie. But she was cute, and I wouldn't serve a church that hired a divorced pastor, so we are still together till Judgement Day, when I assume we will go our seperate ways. Let me (Helga) add, that it seems the Universe brought Vinnie and I together, who am I to argue. He does have a judgmental nature though, which I find unforgivable.

Monday, September 03, 2007

Helga's Final Fall Film to Avoid in 2007

"No Country for Old Men"

If you know me, you know how I hate violence. I've been particularly been over wrought about this whole Michael Vick dog fighting incident. My fellow members of PASA (People Acknowledging the Superiority of Animals) have been petitioning for the neutering, beating and electrocution of that man.
To review this film's trailer and saw what is called the 'red band' version. This film apparently is full of violence based on a drug deal gone bad. So those who are trying to enhance the lives of others through pharmaceutical means are again demeaned.
And who is the chief villain of this piece? Apparently a Hispanic played by Javier Bardem. Looks like another slam at the only decent class of people in this country, undocumented workers. And who is the hero, the voice of wisdom? Tommy Lee Jones, another old, white man. This continues to be a country only for old white men, contrary to the films title.
I should not be surprised this piece of film is brought to us by the Coen brothers, who certainly do not seem intent to promote feminism, environmentalism or animal rights in their films. What have they done for the Earth?
So I urge you not see this film as the fewer tickets that come out of that little metal box means more trees will live and there is a chance we may not die of global warming. (Though such an extremely slim chance.)
So warm vibrations and karma to you all this lovely Fall (probably the last to enjoy at this temperature), Helga

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home