Name:
Location: Forest Town, California, United States

Many people ask where Helga and I (Vinnie) met. It was at a Jesus Freak festival in the days of my squandered youth. Some brownies were going around that tasted funny and the next thing I know, I'm married to a hippie. But she was cute, and I wouldn't serve a church that hired a divorced pastor, so we are still together till Judgement Day, when I assume we will go our seperate ways. Let me (Helga) add, that it seems the Universe brought Vinnie and I together, who am I to argue. He does have a judgmental nature though, which I find unforgivable.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Helga with this week's movie to avoid:

"Awake" opens this week and I urge you, if you care about the Earth,to avoid this film. The film stars Hayden Christensen (you may remember him as the boy who would not stop whining in Star Wars II & III, part of that sci-fi salute to facism) as a very rich capitalist who goes into surgury (heart surgury, not for lava related injuries). But during surgury he suffers from "anethetic awareness" meaning he finds himself awake but paralyzed. Rather like when I drink too much coffee before sitting through one of Vinton's sermons.
This film will encourage the use of more anesthetics which will further enhance the evil phamichutical industries which will continue to make things more difficult for the independent herb and "herb" growers.
The film also stars Jessica Alba. Need I say anything about the proven link between Alba and the onslaught of eating disorders in this country?
And Christopher McDonald plays a doctor. This may be the one good thing about the film because the portrayal of a doctor by "Shooter" from "Happy Gilmore" may finally lead to realization that this country needs socialized medicine. For all her faults, Hillary would never let such a thing happen.
So I say, be could to our Mother Nature and skip this film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home